Monday, October 26, 2009

Cloncurry - Thurs 22nd October

Another early rise, breaky, pack up and continue on our journey. Today our destination is Cloncurry or as affectionately known by the locals, "The 'Curry". Cloncurry is situated on the Flinders Highway 118 km east of Mt Isa or a damn long way from Townsville, 774 km to be more precise. The Curry has a population of 3500 to 4000, depends what statistics you read, and mostly relies on the mining industry in the region. Not a bad little town that seems to provide most necessary services, including an outdoor picture theatre. Sorry no photos to support my blog, it was a hot day and the dog (Lizzie) would not walk, I had to carry her, therefore I could not carry the camera too. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I promise to shoot some photos when we leave The Isa and head back east. Watch for updates to this blog item at a later date, I'll let you know when.


Well, here they are!



First shot of the CBD.


The blokes corner, the pub and the hardware shop.


The Town Hall and Information Centre.


For Sale, contact owner at the house.




An early steam powered tractor located at the Mary Kathleen Mine and Museum Park.




Also at the park was this hand winched railway crane with rolling counter weight.




Chinaman's Creek Reservoir, about 3 km out town.




The Walkabout Creek Hotel at McKindlay, as featured in "Crocodile Dundee". McKindlay is 74 km from Kynuna on the Landsborough Highway. The car engine is still running, I only stopped for the photo shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment